STREAMING ALBUM :: LISTEN NOW

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Notes

No attempts at cleverness here. This is a grey autumn season.
Below is a list of the samples used in the album:


    "It's you for me."
    - Sweet Romance, girlonastring

    "I'm gonna send him to outer space
    to find another race."
    - Chase the Devil, Max Romeo and Lee Perry

    "All these ghost towns, wreathed in old loam
    (Assateague knee-deep in seafoam)-
    Ho, Swansea! Buttonwillow!
    Lagunita! Ho, Calico!"
    - Swansea, Joanna Newsom

    "My baby left me, left me sad and blue
    I didn't know what to do."
    - Put It In Your Mouth, Akinyele

    "Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
    Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it..."
    - Technologic, Daft Punk

    "You heard my style I think you missed the point."
    - Shake Your Rump, Beastie Boys

    "I know more than I knew before."
    "I feel it all, I feel it all.
    The wings are wide. Wild card inside."
    - I Feel It All, Feist

    "...The sun don't chill."
    - 1-9-9-9, Talib Kweli

    "Turning us into fire
    Turning us into monsters
    It's all desire"
    - Kids With Guns, Gorillaz

    "Funny how secrets travel on
    I start to believe
    If I were to breathe."
    - Deranged (Reprise), David Bowie

    "You're not alone."
    - You're Not Alone, Olive

    "Gold Lion's gonna tell me where the light is."
    - Gold Lion, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

    "I wish I had the wings to fly away from here."
    - Little Bird, Annie Lennox


Also featured are instrumental samples from:

No comments: